Bandit Airdrive features:
1. Welded steel construction
2. Direct drive propeller for simplicity and low cost
3. Durable powder coat finish
4. Installs using 4 simple brackets on the transom and rear bench seat of most boats
5. NO moving parts in the water to hit submerged debris or get tangled in weeds
6. Can use most engines in the 13-25 hp range* including Honda, Briggs, Predator, Duromax, and more
7. High performance propeller used on hovercraft and small aircraft
*A note on engine selection: because the Bandit 38 uses a direct drive propeller, the engine is higher in the boat than airdrives that use a belt reduction drive, resulting in a higher center of gravity. We have done extensive testing and found the stability in 36″ bottom width boats to be decent using engines up to 80 lbs (Predator 13 hp, Honda GX390, etc). Heavier engines also run well, but have substantially reduced stability so you should be careful about how the boat is loaded and what conditions you operate in (calm, shallow water only). Slightly wider boats such as 1240’s are ideal when using heavier engines. If you have questions about a specific boat/engine combination, ask us!
For more details, call us at 817-944-1957 or send us an email!
The Bandit 38 airdrive has to ship by LTL freight. Crate plus freight is typically around $300 depending on your location. If you can have the airdrive shipped to a business address or freight terminal, this will reduce the shipping cost (Residential delivery with a lift gate adds cost). Also, if you are within driving distance of Katy, Texas, feel free to come say Howdy and pick up your airdrive in person!